The changing role of IT professionals requires a different approach to their professional development.
According to various sources, the role of IT professionals is undergoing significant changes. A summary of several studies indicates the following:
1. There is a growing demand and necessity for IT professionals to think and communicate more strategically. IT professionals must be aware of the increasing demand for communication, language, and cultural awareness skills. They must be able to communicate effectively with a diverse workforce and understand how cultural differences affect the way people work and communicate.
2. This leads to a growing demand for soft skills such as communication, problem-solving, and leadership. IT professionals who develop these skills have a competitive advantage in the job market.
3. This is confirmed by recruiters who view soft skills as important as technical skills when evaluating job applicants. Good communication skills are becoming increasingly important in the IT sector as IT professionals are increasingly in contact with customers and users.
4. Therefore, IT professionals must continually update their skills and keep learning as technology and required skills are constantly changing.
Virtual Reality is an extremely effective method for IT professionals to meet this need.
There are several reasons why IT professionals prefer to learn soft skills through virtual reality rather than in group sessions.
1. One important reason is that the use of virtual reality provides a more interactive and immersive learning experience, making it easier to understand complex concepts and apply them in practice.
2. Additionally, virtual reality enables IT professionals to learn in a safe and controlled environment, allowing them to practice with realistic scenarios without causing actual harm. This can be especially important in training soft skills such as leadership, communication, and conflict management, where practicing scenarios in the real world can be difficult and potentially risky.
3. Finally, the use of virtual reality also makes it possible to learn remotely and at one’s own pace, making it easier for IT professionals to update and improve their skills without worrying about travel time and costs.
1. The “Future of Jobs” report by the World Economic Forum (WEF) – 2020
2. The IT Skills and Salary Report by Global Knowledge – 2021
3. “The Hard Truth About Soft Skills: What Recruiters Look For” by LinkedIn Talent Solutions – 2019
The ready-made OWNIT modules make it very convenient for IT professionals to start developing their soft skills right away.